We’re looking for:
Nursery Nurse (Level 3 qualified)
Room Leader (Level 3 qualified with Room Leader experience)
Banana Moon Day Nursery, Caversham
Work 4 days a week and get a 3 day weekend 🙂
At Banana Moon our Nursery Nurse’ are here to be a super hero one minute and a princess the next, inspiring little minds whilst ensuring high quality and a balanced provision of leading practice education and care, getting your hands and theirs dirty with a purpose whilst providing a nurturing environment where parents can’t wait to hear about the day their child has had.
You will be responsible for:
• Supporting and demonstrating inspiring and ambitious practice.
• Working within the Early Years Foundation Syllabus to create enriching, engaging challenging and inclusive activities with great learning fusion.
• Working with colleagues in observation, assessment and planning of a variety of activities, to ensure the provision of a stimulating environment with a balance of challenging and inspiring child/adult lead activities reflecting children’s individual needs and interests.
• Working with parents to find out more about their family life, interests and traditions working to include this in their development activities in a meaningful way.
• Understanding key children’s culture, from settling in new children through to their level of development and identifying next steps with line mangers support.
• Helping to continue to make Banana Moon a great place to work, actively involving yourself in staff meetings, sharing of best practice and feedback on all areas, as well as helping with the induction of new starters and students.
• Ensuring all administration tasks are completed to a high standard including:
o Daily registers
o Detailed record keeping of children key development on a regular basis with high quality observations ensuring that other practitioners and parents are involved in the process of planning and sharing of children’s progress.
o Assist with Ofsted and head office quality improvement visits and inspections.
o Assist in responding to complaints (Verbal or written) reporting to management and assisting positively with any actions required.
• Ensure all elements of health, safety and welfare are met including:
o All health and safety procedures are adhered to including risk assessments hazard logs and reporting of all accidents and near misses.
o Administering first aid where needed
o Any Safeguarding issues reporting and recording any concerns to the DSL.
o Participate in emergency procedures including emergency evacuation, door security and e-safety.
o Adherence to room ratios in line with policy and rotas
In addition, Room Leaders will be responsible for:
• Managing the room role-modelling, supporting and demonstrating inspiring and ambitious practice.
• Regularly chairing room and 121 meetings, providing feedback and guidance and sharing your experiences and best practice to ensure a great working environment as well as a great environment for children and parents.
• Promote the Banana Moon brand by:
o Role-Modelling Banana Moon values and behaviours to current, potential and former colleagues, children and parents.
o Participating in informative, engaging and welcoming show rounds to prospective families and colleagues.
o Contributing to nursery communication with parents via newsletters, parents evenings, and open events.
We’re looking for fun, energetic and enthusiastic team members to help create a safe, secure and nurturing environment where the children that we care for flourish and have fun.
If this sounds like you then get in touch!
Qualifications and experience required:
A full and relevant level 3 qualification as defined by Children’s Workforce Development Council
Nursery Nurse experience
Room Leader experience if applying for the Room Leader role
DBS enhanced disclosure within the child workforce sector
Job Type: Full time
Salary: market rates
• Employee recognition scheme
• Employee childcare discount
• Staff uniform
Please enquire via phone, or email your latest CV to the Nursery Manager, Sarah Akerman, using the details below:
phone: 0118 947 5502